Cemeteries in Mansfield
There are 21 known cemeteries in the Town of Mansfield. Most are inactive; however there are two, which are active, and are owned by the Town. A third cemetery for scattering of ashes and the burial of ashes was recently approved at the Riverside Burying Grounds:
- New Mansfield Center Cemetery is located on the North side of Cemetery Rd, about 1/10 mile from junction of Route 195. Plots are available through the town sexton, Mary Landeck, 860-456-0176. At present the cost of a plot is $400.00.
- The Pink Cemetery, also called Pink Ravine and Gurley Cemetery is located on the east side of Bone Mill Rd at junction of Ravine Rd where it crosses Cedar Swamp Rd. Plots are available through the town sexton, Mary Landeck, 860-456-0176. At present the cost of a plot is $400.00.
- A new cremation burial and scattering ground was recently created and is located at the rear side of the Riverside Burying Grounds on Gurleyville Rd. Plots are available through the town sexton, Mary Landeck, 860-456-0176. At present the cost of a plot is $300.00 and the cost to scatter ashes is $175.00
Other active cemeteries are:
- New Storrs Cemetery is located on the north side of North Eagleville Rd, ¼ mile west of junction of Route 195. It is located on the University of Connecticut campus. The authority of this cemetery is the Storrs Cemetery Association, Inc. and the sexton is Rene Lizee, 860-487-0649.
- The Spring Hill Cemetery, also called Hillside Cemetery, is on the south side of Spring Hill Rd at the junction of Davis Rd. The authority of this cemetery is the Hillside Cemetery Association and the sexton is Ed Austin, 860-423-6705.
- The B’nai Israel Cemetery is located on the west side of junction of Routes 31 & 32. It is south of Agudath Achim and Hillel and they are adjacent to one another. The sexton is Jay Israe, 860-423-1882.
- The Hillel Cemetery/ Agidath Achim is located next to the B’nai Israel Cemetery on the west side of junction of Routes 31 & 32. The sexton is Howard Raphaelson, 860-429-1340
The inactive cemeteries are:
- Wormwood Hill
- Tildon/Roger Waldo
- Pleasant Valley/Jacobs
- Old Abbe
- Mt. Hope
- Gurleyville-Riverside Burial Ground
- Old Mansfield
- Old Storrs
A copy of the rules and regulations for the Town owned active cemeteries is available from the sexton or from the Town Clerk’s office.